Welcome to the Cocktail Tour

Image by Paul Brennan from Pixabay

Once upon a time, January 11, 2016 to be precise, I thought about creating a little blog site just for me, just to store pictures and discussions of cocktails I had made or tried, and maybe put some recipes or recipe thoughts or free pouring instructions out there.

Then I took a few pictures evidently of some cocktails I had made, and failed to actually put anything out on the web.

Over the course of the next several years, I have continued to enjoy a few delicious cocktails and some I did not particularly like, all without a place to share my libation learnings. I also have, at times, lamented that I did not have a place to store and save and share recipes for various barbecue rubs and sauces and commentary on smoked meat.

So, on July 30, 2021, I logged into my little old blog site to create such a space, only to rediscover my Cocktail Tour concept sitting there, waiting for me to publish something. So here you go.

From the original images I had put out there, looks like the plan was to just alphabetically troll my bartending books or whatever and work my way from Absinthe to Zima, but I don't know that's my plan anymore. Instead, I may take a much less methodical and more meandering approach, starting with some more standard cocktails, maybe some concepts, and of course, barbecue thoughts every now and again.

Or I may abandon this blog for another 5 and a half years. But I'm sure I will put some content out here this time before I do.

Things I think are fair to know - I prefer bourbon and scotch to other liquors, so I'd guess I end up with predominantly whiskey and whisky cocktails, but I'll throw in gin, vodka, and other liquors, too. I also like beer and make talk about that occasionally. I like free pouring beverages, so I can run by percentages and make a similar beverage in a variety of glassware. I'm sure there are more things too. Oh, like I hate food blogs where they post a ton of talky talk before getting to the recipe and all that, but I'm sure unless I figure out a better way to do it, I'll end up doing some of that crap from time to time. Maybe I can put the recipe first.

I'll try to use labels to separate stuff to the best of my ability, but no promises. Again, I'm writing this for me and just sharing in case someone else wants to benefit from it.

Pour yourself a cold one, browse around for something new, and enjoy the tour.

Comments